Christmas cooks, this one's for you! Trade your tired choc-chip cookie recipe for our gooey, chewy, chocolatey Buttery Brandy Christmas Cookies to experience a festive flavour affair made possible by the star ingredient: Sugarbird XO Cape Fynbos Brandy. (PS – you can't taste alcohol!)
Sugarbird XO Cape Fynbos Brandy is a mature, 14-year-old potstill aged in old French oak barrels and filtered through honeybush and other fynbos botanicals. Local artisan honey intensifies flavours of natural caramel, dark chocolate and vanilla, while hints of dates, dried peaches, and raisins make the PERFECT palette for a more-please cookie.
Imagine fudge, chocolate, and the smoothest brandy you've had in your life made a baby... These cookies are pretty much that. One thing we are certain of? You'll be baking a second batch by request.
Serves 15 cookies
- 225g butter, cold
- 400g light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Sugarbird XO Cape Fynbos Brandy
- 2 I Like Eggs Free-Range Eggs, cold
- 325g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 150g chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 185 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and add to a stand mixer. Add the sugar and mix on a medium-high speed until the mixture becomes a light pale colour.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add the brandy and mix again.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix by hand until there are no air pockets left.
- Allow the cookie dough to refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Shape by hand and place 10cm apart on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the centre has just set. Enjoy!
Let us know if you try any of the recipes by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.