February 8th is International Scotch Day and we can think of no better way to celebrate than with a New York Whisky Sour featuring William Lawson's Scotch!
Whisky is a Gaelic word that means 'water of life'. Like water is simple and life-giving, so was the attitude of the ol' Highlander and damn-fine Scotch maker William Lawson. He couldn't be arsed to follow rules and social customs. He was anything but your typical "polite society" chap, scratching his head at the countless 'proper' ways of doing things.
He especially hated the snooty, overpriced snobbery surrounding good whisky. Why, he pondered, must a top-notch tipple come with a side of pretentiousness and a hefty price tag? The whole sniffing, swirling, and babbling about fruity notes and leather aromas was, in his humble opinion, utter trash. Heck, we'll cheers to that!
- 60ml William Lawson’s Scotch Whisky
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- 15ml simple syrup
- 30ml fruity red wine of choice
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry or lemon peel
- Add whisky, lemon juice, simple syrup, and ice to a cocktail shaker. Pop the lid on, shake until chilled and frost forms on the outside – about 15 seconds.
- Strain over ice in a rocks glass of your choice.
- Gently and slowly, pour wine over the back of a spoon held just above the cocktail's surface, letting the wine float at the top of the glass
- Garnish with a Maraschino cherry or lemon peel and, in honour of William Lawson, do not sniff, swirl, or act snobbish while drinking.
👉Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza and using #DeeRecipe – you may or may not receive a reward!
👉Looking for more foodie and mixology inspo? Check out our blog here.
#WilliamLawson #ScotchWhiskyDay #Scotch #ScotchCocktail #WhiskySour #NewYorkWhiskySour #EasyCocktailRecipes #Deeliver