What's better than bloody good brannas? Brannas baked into heavenly ginger cookies, of course. Choon howzit to your next braai bak showstopper: Sugarbird XO Ginger Brandy Cookies made with Sugarbird XO Cape Fynbos Brandy.
The major problem with this recipe, however, is the willpower you'll need to exercise on the way to whoever you're gifting them to. They. Are. Too. Damn. Good. We blame Sugarbird's brandy mastery. Fudge-y, chewy, spicy – need we say more?
Serves 1 batch of cookies
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar and extra for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup Sugarbird XO Cape Fynbos Brandy
- 2 1/4 all-purpose flour cups
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar, white sugar, egg, vanilla essence, molasses, oil, and brandy until well combined.
- Then add the all-purpose flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cloves. Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, prepare your baking trays with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and remove the cookie dough from the fridge. Using a large cookie scoop to scoop the dough and then directly placing it in a bowl with white sugar.
- Gently cover the cough in granulated sugar and place on your prepared tray. The dough is quite delicate and will lose its shape, but this is not something to be concerned about. Place the cookie dough about 5cm apart and they spread quite a bit.
- Bake in batches for 12-15mins. Once removed from the oven, lightly flatten each cookie using a flat surfaced utensil (we used a steal griddle). Allow them to fully cool and enjoy!
👉Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza and using #DeeRecipe – you may or may not receive a reward!
👉Looking for more foodie and mixology inspo? Check out our blog at here.
#Deeliver #AtYourConvenience #GetWhatYouOrdered #SugardbirdBrandy #SugarbirdXOFynbosBrandy #SouthAfricanBrandyLovers #BooozyCookies