Boozy bacon flapjacks with honey-whisky syrup, anyone?
Say hello to our Bacon Flapjacks with Chaloner Honey & Bain's Whisky Syrup.
Think: salty baked bacon cooked inside of a sweet-and-fluffy flapjack covered in a smoky, syrup-y glaze so good it'll put you in a daze!
Ingredients for the flapjacks
Serves 12 flapjacks
- 400g Bergdale Streaky Bacon
- 4 large I LIKE EGGS Free-Range Eggs
- 375ml full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 tbsp butter or oil, melted
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 pinches of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the bacon strips on an oven-proof baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 20 mins or until crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together until frothy.
- Add the vanilla essence and melted butter and whisk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and whisk until smooth. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins. Use this time to prepare the honey-whisky syrup or other accompaniments.
- Remove the batter from the fridge.
- Place a bacon strip in a non-stick pan and pour half a cup of the batter over the bacon.
- Cook each pancake on medium heat for 1 min per side. Set aside.
Ingredients for the Chaloner honey and Bain's Whisky Syrup:
Serves 1/2 a cup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Bain's Whisky
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup Chaloner Honey
- Melt butter, brown sugar, vanilla essence, and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour in whisky and stir to let the alcohol burn off. About one minute.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm until ready to use.
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.