You need a dessert that's going to impress your in-laws, something original that will make them forget about the last time you attempted a meringue, something to lubricate the post-dinner conversation... You need our Boozy Chocolate Mousse with Turkish Delight! PS – it can be made virgin too.
Think: Bakers Boudoir Finder Biscuits, Cardbury Bubbly Milk Chocolate, and – the star of the show – Ma Mêre Turkish Delight. Drool x3!
Serves 6-8 pax
- 440g Cadbury Bubbly Milk Chocolate
- 4 Large I Like Eggs Free-Range Eggs, separated
- 350ml Clover Fresh Cream
- 12 Bakers Boudoir Finger Biscuits
- 30ml Triple Three Distillery Raspberry Blush Gin, optional
- 200ml fresh raspberries
- 60g Ma Mêre Turkish Delight
- Bring a small pot with a bit of water to a simmer and place a heatproof bowl over the simmering water (the base of the bowl shouldn't be touching the water). Break the chocolate into pieces, add to the bowl, and melt. Set aside to cool for 15mins.
- Separate 4 large eggs. Set the egg whites aside and add the 4 egg yolks to the cooled melted chocolate.
- Add the fresh cream to a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate. Keep about 3 spoonfuls of the whipped cream aside in the fridge (for if you'd like to decorate the mousse later on).
- Add the 4 egg whites to a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped egg whites into the chocolate mixture as well.
- Add the first chocolate layer to your serving dish before taking on step #6 as the biscuits soak up the liquid quite quickly and working with soggy biscuits is no fun.
- Add 50ml water and 30ml gin to a bowl. Dip the finger biscuits in the liquid and add 6 soaked biscuits to the first layer.
- Add some of the raspberries and finish off with another layer of the chocolate mousse. Repeat.
- Finish off the mousse by adding the dollops of fresh cream you kept aside earlier, add the remainder of the fresh raspberries, and add the Turkish Delight (the more the better!). You can also grate some chocolate over as a finishing touch. For best results, allow the mousse to refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.