It’s 8AM and you should be on your way to school, but you’re waist deep in half-packed lunchboxes and the kids aren’t dressed. Or maybe you’re just a kid in adult form that battles with the whole breakfast thing.
Either way, the last thing you need to worry about is what to eat as the door hits you on the way out. Try these Breakfast Granola Bars. They’re nutrient-dense, filling, and easy enough to make for even the laziest of lazies. Think: oats, almonds, sesame seeds, honey, and *drum roll, please* Nanuki Space Rocks Munchy Meteorites (if you know, you know!).
Serves 18 square bars
- 300g Jungle Oats Original
- 80g shaved almonds, roasted
- 20g sesame seeds, roasted
- 200g Chaloner Wild Blossom Honey
- 40g Oh Mega Chocolate Almond Butter, extra for toppings
- 50g coconut oil
- ½ tsp Nomu Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20g chia seeds
- 80g dried dates, coarsely chopped
- Nanuki Space Rocks Munchy Meteorites
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Toast the oats, sesame seeds, and almond flakes in a medium saucepan until golden brown. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt over medium heat. Cook until fully melted.
- Add the melted mixture to the toasted oats and nuts. Add the chia seeds and chopped dates and mix. Allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Add the granola mix to a prepared 9x9 inch baking pan lined with baking paper. The mixture is enough to bake 2 separate batches.
- Flatten the granola firmly and bake for 15mins. Set aside to completely cool in the baking dish before sectioning as desired.
- Drizzle the chocolate almond butter over each square. Lightly flatten each Munchy Meteorite and place that on top of the almond butter. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.