Sweet, spiced, and blissfully vanilla, this is one tiramisu recipe you absolutely have to chai – especially if you’re not a fan of tiramisus that taste like rum.
Instead of the espresso usually found in tiramisu, our Chai Spiced Tiramisu is made with vida e caffé’s famed Spiced Chai Latte. It’s perfect for making ahead and an ideal lastminute.com dessert for when you’re short on time/the general will to do anything.
- 250g Lancewood cream cheese
- 4 I Like Eggs, egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 400ml heavy cream
- 4 tbsp vida e caffé Spiced Chai Latte, separated
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 12-15 Bakers Boudoir Biscuits (or double if making 2 biscuit layers)
- 1 tbsp vida e caffé spiced chai latte (or 2 tbsp if making 2 biscuit layers)
- ½ tsp Nomu cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nomu nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Health Connection Cacao Powder
- Add the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and salt together and whisk until lighter in colour and fluffy. (Freeze the leftover egg whites for future recipes)
- Add the cream and whisk until the mixture falls back on itself.
- Add the warm water and 4 tbsp of the chai spice to a separate bowl that’s big enough to dip the biscuits in.
- If you’re using a large serving dish then you will only assemble one layer of biscuits but if your dish is smaller and deeper then feel free to layer twice over. Dip each boudoir biscuit in the chai spice mixture. You want the biscuits to soak up enough liquid but not to the point where they're falling apart.
- Assemble: Place the dipped boudoir fingers to the base of your serving dish and sprinkle over a tbsp of the dry chai spice. Top with the cream filling and spread evenly. If you're going for a second layer then repeat.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg to the cacao powder and generously dust over the tiramisu, the surface must be fully covered. Lightly cover the tiramisu with cling warp (ensuring that it doesn't touch the surface of the tiramisu) and transfer it to the fridge. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.