Say hello to our Chicken Parmigiana. Think Kelloggs Corn Flakes-coated free-range chicken breasts from Elgin, beneath a blanket of melty Lancewood Mozzarella, on a bed of perfectly al dente Fatti's and Moni's Linguine, covered in All Gold's deelicious Sundried Tomato and Olive Sauce. Sounds like dinner sorted!
- 2 large I Like Eggs Free-Range Eggs
- 800g Elgin Free–Range Chicken Fillets
- 150g Kellogg's Corn Flakes, crumbed
- 5 tbsp Willow Creek Olive Oil, separated
- All Gold Sundried Tomato & Olive Sauce
- Lancewood Mozzarella Cheese
- 500g Fatti's & Moni's Bellissimo Linguine Pasta
- Grated parmesan and parsley, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Cut each chicken breast into 2 cutlets. Place in a Ziploc and flatten using a meat pounder or heavy-based pan. Aim for an even thickness.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl and whisk well.
- Add in the chicken fillets.
- Add the corn flake crumbs to a large bowl and generously coat the chicken fillet with the flakes, one chicken fillet at a time. Set aside.
- Add 4 tbsp olive oil to a large oven-proof saucepan and bring to med-high heat. Once the pan is hot enough, add the crumbed chicken fillets.
- While the chicken is cooking, bring a pot of heavily salted water to a rolling boil. Add in the pasta and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix well. Set aside until you're ready to serve.
- Once the chicken fillet has browned on one side, flip and repeat. Remove from the heat once golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the pasta sauce and 1/2 a cup of water. Add salt and pepper to taste and place each chicken fillet on top of the pasta sauce.
- Slice the mozzarella as desired and place an even amount on top of each fillet. Melt the cheese in the oven and remove it once the mozzarella has melted.
- Place the chicken on top of the pasta, add some extra sauce, sprinkle your parmesan and parsley, and enjoy!
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.