Super easy, uber quick, packed with protein, healthy fats, and El Burro's famous Mercado Tomato Salsa, our D.I.Y Burritos are the weeknight winner dinner you've been craving.
You can swap the chicken out for more beans or add another protein of your choice to make it vegetarian or vegan. Plus, get creative and switch up the flavours by trying a different salsa or pesto.
- 4 tbsp Willow Creek Olive Oil, separated
- 2 Elgin Free-Range Chicken Breasts
- 4 Old El Paso Soft Tortillas
- 1 cup Tastic Parboiled Rice
- 130g Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Pinch of salt
- 400g Serena Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 8 tbsp El Burro Mercado Tomato Salsa
- 2 medium avocados
SHOP OUR D.I.Y BURRITOS COLLECTION HERE.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of warm water. Bring to a boil and allow to cook on a high heat for about 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain any excess water. Add the pesto and salt to the cooked rice and mix well. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a medium saucepan and bring to a medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook on each side for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to rest. Once your chicken has rested for 10 minutes slice as desired.
- Add the drained kidney beans and the remaining olive oil to a medium saucepan and sauté on medium-high heat until the kidney beans pop open. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Assemble your burritos: in the middle of the soft tortilla, layer rice, salsa, red kidney beans, chicken, and avocado. Sprinkle with salt, fold to toast on either side, and enjoy!
Let us know if you try any of the recipes by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.