These are no ordinary nachos, these are show-off nachos. Our D.I.Y Nachos put a Mediterranean twist on a Mexican classic.
Think: the cheesy goodness you know and love punctuated by artisanal Darling Olives, Pesto Princess Basil Pesto, and a flavourful fry up of bell peppers tricolore. Call it a vegetarian's dream. Call it fusion at its finest. Call it whatever you like, just know your guests will be calling for seconds!
- 2 tbsp Chaloner Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 x medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 x medium green bell pepper, diced
- 250g Santa Anna’s Organic Corn Chips
- 300g Lancewood Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ½ cup Darling Pitted & Broken Olives
- 130g Pesto Princess The Classic Basil Pesto
- 226g Old El Paso Thick & Chunky Salsa in Hot or Mild
- 1-2 medium avocados, mashed
- 2 large lemons
- ¾ cup Lancewood Sour Cream
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños, thinly-sliced
- Fresh coriander, diced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Core the bell peppers. Then dice into 2cm cubes.
- Bring a medium-sized non-stick pan to a medium-high heat and add the olive oil and diced peppers. Sauté for 5-8mins or until they are lightly charred but still have a bite to them. Set aside.
- Line a medium oven dish with baking paper and layer half of the corn chips, spreading evenly.
- Evenly spread half of the sautéed bell peppers, a quarter of the grated cheese, ½ cup of olives, salsa, basil pesto and finish off with another ¼ of the grated cheese.
- Repeat by layering the last of the nachos, bell peppers, and remaining ½ of the grated cheese. Only use the last ¼ of the basil pesto and salsa.
- Bake the layered nachos in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
- Add the avocado to a medium bowl and add the juice from half a lemon to prevent the avocado from browning.
- Finish off the baked nachos with the remainder of the salsa and basil pesto, and add dollops of the mashed avocado and sour cream.
- Lastly, add the sliced jalapeños, coriander, and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
- If you prefer your nachos extra crunchy, toast them in the oven before you start the layering process - 175 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- You can also add any of your favourite cooked proteins – shredded chicken, bacon, mince, thinly-sliced sirloin; literally anything you like!
SHOP OUR D.I.Y NACHOS COLLECTION HERE.
Let us know if you try any of the recipes by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.