Looking for the perfect ending to a heavy meal? Something that is simple, not-so-sweet, and will keep well when prepared in advance? Our Honey Panna Cotta with Limone Liqueur is it! It’s cool, creamy, and the best use of life’s lemons after tequila (in our humble opinion!).
Serves 10-12 pax
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup Huletts Sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Nomu Vanilla Essence
- 3 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 1 cup Lancewood Buttermilk
Honey Limone Liqueur sauce:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Massimo’s Limone Liqueur
- 1/4 cup Chaloner Wild Blossom Honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
Garnish for each serving:
- 2 tbsp of Honey-Limone Liqueur sauce
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Bakers Tennis Biscuits, finely crushed
For the Panna Cotta:
- In a medium saucepan add milk, cream, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla essence together and bring to a simmer. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a small ramekin, add the gelatine and 2 tbsp water together. Once the gelatine has swollen, add it to the saucepan and simmer until the gelatine has fully dissolved. The consistency of the mixture won't change once the gelatine has dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the buttermilk.
- Oil your preferred ramekins and fill to the brim. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, add lemon juice, lemon zest, limone liqueur, honey, water, and corn starch together. Whisk until well combined and bring to a simmer. Simmer until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour over chilled Panna Cotta and enjoy!
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.