What’s better than a glass of cab sav on the eve of winter? A glass of mulled caber-yay that can heat even the coldest of reptilian hearts (your ex’s included).
Made with the world-class Perdeberg Conqueror Cabernet Sauvignon 2017, a splash of Cointreau, spice, and everything nice, you can bank on our Mulled Wine recipe to leave you wining less and laughing more.
- 750ml Perdeberg Conqueur Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
- ¼ cup Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- 2-4 tbsp Chaloner Wild Blossom Honey
- 1 orange, sliced into rings
- 2 star anise
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Add wine, orange slices, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, and 2 tablespoons of honey to a large saucepan. Stir briefly to combine.
- Cook the mulled wine on medium-high heat until it just barely reaches a simmer. (Avoid letting it bubble — you don’t want to boil off the alcohol.) Reduce heat to low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, remove and discard the orange slices, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and star anise. Give the mulled wine a taste and stir in extra honey if needed.
- Serve warm in heatproof mugs, topped with your favourite garnishes.
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.