Why settle for a regular old rum and ginger ale when you can drink a bouquet of floral botanicals picked by a local botanist with a hint of sweet and spice?
Introducing the Suncamino Floral Rum Smash – because life’s too damn short not to fancify even the simplest of sips! Suncamino is the world’s first floral rum – an eight-year-old blend dreamt up by three Capetonian friends, developed with the help of a distiller in Barbados, and infused with honey bush, orange blossom, and hibiscus on South African soil.
The name Suncamino means “journey to the sun” and hints at the sense of pilgrimage that resonates with its creators – all of whom have a deep love for exploration, rolling landscapes, and ocean escapes. Now you too can taste the adventure with our Suncamino take on an old classic. Bon voyage!
- 60ml Suncamino Floral Rum
- 200ml Schweppes Ginger Ale
- 1/4 cup Huletts Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Crushed ice
- Sliced red apple and cinnamon stick for Garnish
- Add the sugar and cinnamon to a small saucer and mix well.
- Use a slice of fresh orange peel to lubricate the rim of the glass. Dip the rim in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and add the Suncamino Floral Rum.
- Top with the ginger ale and stir.
- Garnish with sliced red apple and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.