These Deep-Fried Frangelico Oreos are as much fun to make as they are to eat!
Made with the hazelnutty marvel that is Frangelico, expect a sweet, soft, crispy, warm, wondrous flavour exposure with just a tinge of tipsiness.
- 1 cup NOMU Pancake and Waffle Kit
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 shots Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
- 18 Oreos
- Cooking oil, for frying (*vegetable oil)
- Confectioner's sugar, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, for topping (*optional)
- Combine pancake mix, eggs, milk, and vegetable oil in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add a shot or two of Frangelico into the batter. PRO TIP: Your batter should not be runny, so be careful not to add too much liquor. It should be thick and gooey so it will stick to the Oreos. Add a tbsp or so more pancake mix if the batter is accidentally runny.
- Pour enough cooking oil into a heavy cooking pot to ensure the Oreos won't touch the base of the pot when frying. As for heat, a gentle fry is always best to ensure you don't burn them – the batter cooks very quickly.
- Once your oil is ready, dip an Oreo in the pancake batter using a fork, spoon, or your hands, coating it entirely. PRO TIP: The Oreo shouldn't sit in the batter too long or it will get soggy, and the batter should be thick/sticky enough so that you can't see through it to the Oreo underneath.
- Use a spoon to transfer the battered Oreos from the batter straight into hot oil.
- Cook Oreos until they are crispy golden brown, remembering to turn them over with tongs. The cookies will float on top of the oil and fry quickly (less than 2 minutes).
- Remove the fried cookies with tongs and place them on a paper towel to drain.
- Serve warm. You can add a dusting of powdered sugar, vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce, whipped cream, or any other garnish you'd like. Enjoy!
👉Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza and using #DeeRecipe – you may or may not receive a reward!
👉Looking for more foodie and mixology inspo? Check out our blog at www.deeliver.co.za