The TikTok Tortilla Wrap took kitchens across the world by storm. Now, we're making it SA-style with Nando's Peri-Peri Sauce.
Super easy, high protein, and perfect for weeknight dinners and next-day lunchboxes, we can't get enough of this hot, Mexican faire-style tortilla. Grubs up!
- 1 Old El Paso Flour Tortilla
- 1 tbsp Nando's Medium Peri-Peri Sauce
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 Bergdale Streaky Bacon strips
- 3 slices of tomato
- 1/8 red onion, sliced
- 1 Elgin Free-Range Skinless Chicken Breast, sliced
- 1/4 cup Lancewood Cheddar Cheese, grated
- First, brown your chicken breast on medium heat until cooked through. Set aside.
- In a preheated oven, cook the bacon at 200 degrees celsius for 15-20 or until crispy. Set aside.
- Start building your wrap. Place the tortilla on your work surface. Using a sharp knife, cut a slit from the centre outward to one edge. Place each of your fillings in the four quadrants of the tortilla. Starting on the bottom left corner, fold one quadrant up, then across then down to form a triangular pocket.
- Toast the wrap in a medium saucepan, set over medium-low heat. Once it has melted, add the filled tortilla and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes. Flip it once and continue cooking an additional 1 to 2 minutes, then serve. (Alternately, cook it on a panini press.)
Chef's note: the measurements of the fillings will differ depending on the size tortilla you decide to use.
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.