If you're looking for a meal that feels like a hug from the inside out, but with none of the effort the OG recipe requires, this is it! With Denny's Butter Chicken Cook In Sauce, all you have to do is add meat. Winner, winner chicken dinner coming right up!
Butter Chicken, traditionally known as murgh makhani, is an Indian dish from New Delhi loved by South Africans and curry fans the world over. It's made from chicken with a spiced tomato and butter sauce and is known for its rich texture. Expect a fragrant, spicy, hearty, and simply deelicious taste journey.
- 2 tbsp Willow Creek Olive Oil
- 500g Elgin Free Range Skinless Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1 Denny Butter Chicken Cook In Sauce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 a medium white or red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan to a medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and cubed chicken breast and sauté until browned.
- Add the browned chicken cubes to an oven proof dish and pour over the Denny Butter Chicken Curry sauce and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste and cover with a lid or tinfoil.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10 mins.
- Remove the lid/tinfoil after and bake uncovered for another 15 mins or until bubbling.
- Add the diced tomato, onion, coriander, lemon juice, and salt together and mix well. Serve the curry on a bed of fluffy basmati rice. Top off with the simple salsa and enjoy!
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.