Why choose between cake, tiramisu, and crêpes when you can have all three rolled into one?
Yes, that's right. Our Tiramisu Crêpe Cake is a decadently moist layering of delicately thin Kahlua-charged crêpes, sweet vanilla cream cheese frosting, and pillowy lady fingers. Simply put, it's DEELICIOUS!
For the crêpes:
- 2 cups Eureka Mills Cake Flour
- 4 I Like Eggs Free-Range Eggs
- 5 tbsp instant coffee, separated
- 1/2 cup Huletts Sugar
- 5 tbsp Kahlua Coffee Liqueur, separated
- 2 cups Fair Cape Full Cream Milk, separated
For the cream frosting:
- 4 cups cream cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp Moir's Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 cup Nomu Rich Dark Cocoa Powder
- +/- 20 Forno Bonomi Boudoir Biscuits – Ladyfingers
For the crepes:
- Add the flour, egg, 4 tablespoons of coffee, sugar, 3 tablespoons of coffee liqueur and 1½ cups milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix until you have a homogeneous, smooth mixture.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, pour a ladle of the mixture and spread, cook each side for 2 minutes or until done.
For the cream:
- Mix the cream cheese, icing sugar, ½ cup milk and the vanilla essence. Set aside.
- Note: When layering, remember you should keep ¼ of the cream cheese mixture aside as this will be used to cover the whole cake before refrigerating. Secondly, the ladyfingers shouldn’t be too soggy as this will add too much moisture to your cake
- Place a crêpe on a serving dish of choice.
- Spread a little cream and repeat until you reach halfway.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of instant coffee, 2 tablespoons of Kahlua Coffee liqueur, and ½ cup water.
- Dip the biscuits in the liquid and place on top of the cream. This layer requires around 7 whole ladyfingers.
- Add another bit of cream and continue layering until your crêpes are finished.
- Use the last ¼ of the cream cheese mixture to cover the cake and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cocoa and cut the ladyfingers in half and place along the rim.
- Cut and enjoy!
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.