This dish is our pesto, vegetarian take on the iconic lasagne and it not only tastes like a hug from the inside, but the Pesto Princess Pea & Pesto Soup and Lemon & Basil Pesto makes it super quick to make!
- 2 tbsp Willow Creek Olive Oil
- 250g mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups peppers, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 70g Pesto Princess Lemon & Basil Pesto
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 600ml milk, warmed
- 400g Lancewood Mozzarella Cheese, grated and separated
- 16-20 Serena lasagna sheets
- 600g Pesto Princess Pea & Pesto Soup
- Add the olive oil and mushrooms to a medium saucepan and sauté on medium-high until golden brown.
- Add the diced peppers and salt and sauté for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the pesto, stir in, and set aside.
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan and allow it to melt. Once melted, add the flour and stir until paste forms and becomes light brown in colour.
- Gradually add the warm milk until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and add 100g mozzarella cheese. Stir until melted and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a rolling boil. Add the lasagna sheets one by one and stir the water clockwise and anti-clockwise to prevent the sheets from sticking together. Cook for 5 minutes. Leave the pasta sheets in the pot but discard the hot water and refill the pot with cold water. When removing each sheet from the cold water, place it on a kitchen towel to remove any excess water and place it on your work surface where you're ready to assemble.
- On each sheet, spread some of the cheese sauce, the vegetable filling, and a little bit of grated mozzarella cheese (remember: you'll need 250g of cheese to sprinkle on top of your lasagne).
- Roll each sheet up and place in the baking dish lined with some of the cheese sauce.
- Pour the remaining cheese sauce over the rolled-up lasagna sheets followed by the Pea & Pesto Soup. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes. Allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving and enjoy!
Let us know if you try it by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.