Looking for a relatively mindless weekday dinner dish? Our D.I.Y Tacos are exactly that. Plus, you can make a big batch for an easy entertainment spread.
The best part? Shop everything you need in one place – our Taco Collection – and get it delivered at the click of a button. No thinking or driving required!
For the taco fillings:
- 2 tbsp Chaloner Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Old El Paso Hard Shell Tacos
- 4 Elgin Free-Range Chicken Breast, cubed
- 1 tbsp Nomu Moroccan Rub
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Lancewood Cheddar, grated
- El Burro Mercado Tomato Salsa
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 Lancewood Sour Cream
- 1 fresh jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
For the pickled red onion (you can use ready-made if you're time spent):
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Add the olive oil, cubed chicken, and Moroccan rub spices to a medium saucepan and sauté on medium-high heat for 5 mins. Salt to taste and set aside.
- Place the taco shells upside down on a baking tray and bake for 6-7 mins at 170 degrees Celsius or until crisp.
- Prepare the remainder of the toppings while the tacos are in the oven.
- Fill each taco with the shredded lettuce, chicken, avocado, cheese, sour cream, salsa, pickled onions, and jalapeños. Enjoy!
Let us know if you try any of the recipes by sharing yours on socials, tagging us @deeliverza, and using #DeeRecipe – if it looks DEELICIOUS, we’ll give you a treat!
Looking for more drink/mealspiration? Check out our other recipes here.